- Cancer remains the number one disease that claims the lives of our children. Each year cancer kills more children under the age of 18 than asthma, diabetes, cystic fibrosis and AIDS combined.
- Pediatric cancer is referred to as an “orphan disease” because there is little or no profit to be made by the pharmaceutical companies and the reason why they ignore pediatric cancers for the most part.
- Each year in the U.S., nearly 13,000 children and adolescents are diagnosed with cancer. That’s the equivalent of two average size classrooms diagnosed each school day.
- Today about 75% of children diagnosed with cancer become long-term survivors yet in the U.S. cancer remains the leading cause of death from one year through adolescence; more than any other disease. In the early 1950s, less than 10 percent of childhood cancer patients could be cured, proof that research can and is making a difference.
- Leukemia’s, tumors of the brain and nervous system, the lymphatic system, kidneys, bones and muscles are the most common childhood cancers.
- Recent reports indicate that nearly two-thirds of childhood cancer survivors experience significant medical problems resulting from their original cancer and/or its treatment.
I reeallllly want to host a bake sale! But I need help! It's not gunna be as easy as it seems. I need a lot of bakers, and a lot of people who are willing to donate to this cause!
I personally don't know any children who have been diagnosed with Cancer, but my best friends sister past away when she was eleven. It was partly because of the medicine she was on.
And, my daddy past away from cancer too. A struggle I never want to see anyone suffer again. Especially children.
Please Help!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment